Sustainability & Energy Conservation
Boulder Housing Partners has emerged as a national leader in sustainability within affordable housing. BHP is committed to operating a portfolio that is socially, environmentally and fiscally sustainable. In addition, BHP's Board of Commissioners has adopted a Conservation and Sustainability Plan with aggressive goals for reducing energy, water use, and waste throughout our housing, and in 2009 our Board endorsed a goal to become the first net-zero Housing Authority in the nation. Exciting things are happening at BHP in terms of renewable power, energy conservation, and environmental sustainability.
- Canyon Pointe Green Retrofit post-rehab utility consumption report found that we had on average 37% savings on all utilities (water, electricity and gas). Click here to view the report.
- Red Oak Park is now complete with 10 kW of solar on the community center and over 140 kW in aggregate at the site.
- Boulder Housing Partners installed a 33.37 kW system on our Northport Housing Site.
- Boulder Housing Partners awarded $39,375 Homeland Security grant to update smoke alarms with carbon monoxide detection.
- Boulder Housing Partners awarded $1.5 million in low-interest bonds for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects that will be used to fund our Energy Performance Contract and help put solar on BHP roofs.
- Boulder Housing Partners installed solar photovoltaic panels on its public housing portfolio with stimulus funding.
- Boulder Housing Partners enters into Energy Performance Contract with Johnson Controls, Inc to retrofit housing with energy efficiency improvements.